Find below a quick video showing some of the news of 3DViewStation WebViewer V2019.0:
Video: 3DViewStation WebViewer V2019.0 News
3DViewStation WebViewer v2019.0 Release
New and updated file formats:
- Import 3D: Inventor 2019, SolidWorks 2019, Solid Edge 2019, Parasolid V31, Revit 2019, FBX, glTF, JT 10.2, OBJ, 3DS, Collada, Lidar point clouds
- Import 2D: Catia V5 R28 (V5-6R2018), Catia V6 R2017x, Creo 4.0 / ProE, NX12, SolidEdge ST10, Solidworks 2018
New and updated functions:
- import dialog (quick settings)
- Structuretree: Remove empty nodes
- neutral axis calculation with tesselated data
- Real time wall thickness measurement
- drill hole recognition
- technical documentation:
- BOM table: interactive BOM ID generation
- BOM table: automatic ID generation
- Ballooning: arrangement as line, rectangle, circle
- Ballooning: automatic re-arrangement during rotation
- options for shapes and lines for balloons
- Selection of all instances of a geometry
- Filtering option: include / exclude unvisible objects
- Rotation mode "Turntable"
- 2D text search enhanced
- Transformation: Align move circle center to circle center
- Export PNG with transparent background
- Performance optimization:
- tremendous increase in rendering speed of ultra large assemblies
- optimization of instancing
Tutorial Video: How to use 3DViewStation WebViewer?
3DViewStation WebViewer v2018.0 Release
We have released a new 3DViewStation WebViewer version v2018.0 with a series of enhancements, described below.
- File formats:
- Import 3D:
- NX 12
- Catia V5-6R2018
- 3DXML BREP
- SolidEdge ST10
- SolidWorks 2018
- Parasolid v30.1
- ACIS 2018 (R28)
- Rhino 6
- Import 2D:
- Ascii Text, reading using a formatting template
- Catdrawing reading now requires 2D Advanced license
- optimize instances - results in file size reduction
- new: remove edges of geometries, i.e. due to bad quality
- new: re-calculate edges of geometries, i.e. to allow measurements
- new: calculation of neutral axis of piping objects
- new: scale geometry interactively
- new: measure face without need to extract face first
- new: real time wall thickness measurement
- new: Skybox creator (Windows Desktop App)
- new menu layout, close to MS Office:
- combine windows to custom layout
- allow windows / panes to be pinned / automatically collapse at the side
- allow windows / panes to float
- 2 different menu designs for large PC screens and small mobile devices
- radial menu for touch devices
- enhanced: wall thickness analysis color gradated, i.e. multi selection
- enhanced: mirroring of geometries
How Kisters helps SMEs (small and medium enterprises) to get mobile access to their CAD data
SMEs (small and medium enterprises) internally typically work file based, storing all their CAD and project files in folders of their file server. But employees of SMEs are mobile too and we all know the situation of getting an urgent call while travelling, being asked for immediate assistance.
What can we do, if we now would need access to our 3D CAD models, 2D drawings or any project related documentation?
The easy solution is a Web based application that – after logon of course – will provide a “file open” dialog, which we all know from our Desktop applications. But in the case of working Web based this “file open” dialog needs to point to a directory of one of OUR servers, allowing to browse through files and sub folders, and open files from there. Of course the server of this Web application will run on our infrastructure – so in the same network, where our files reside.
Advantages of this approach are:
- It is an easy way to make CAD files and documents accessible from outside: just copy & paste them to a defined location or in a sub folder of it.
- There are no download required
- There will be no files on our mobile device at any time. No risk to lose them, no need to protect our IP, no problem with file sizes, I.e. for large assemblies
- Very fast mobile access, short loadtimes
- Always access to the current files, not working with outdated local copies.
Here is an example of a solution and how it could look like on a Smartphone. More details here.
WebViewer on Smartphones: New mobile User Interface
We almost completed the development of a new UI for 3DViewStation WebViewer on small mobile devices like Smartphones. A few impressions...
Video: 3DViewStation WebViewer integration with Siemens Active Workspace
Video: 3DViewStation WebViewer 2017.1 news
A video showing some of the news of Kisters 3DViewStation WebViewer V2017.1:
3DViewStation WebViewer v2017.0 Release
We have done a new 3DViewStation WebViewer version V2017.0 with a series of enhancements, described below. The new version can be tested online.
- File formats:
- New: SolidEdge ST9
- New: Solidworks 2017
- New: NX 11
- New: HiCAD
- New: multi-language, ribbon based, MS Office like user interface (UI)
- New: use materials for photo realistic rendering
- New: apply a background image
- New: apply a Skybox to influence reflections
- Enhanced: significantly advanced vectorization, supporting multiple views, blocks, layers and 2D output to DXF
- Enhanced: performance & handling for ultra large assemblies:
- multi-threaded 3DVS file format loading
- set minimum frame rate
- progressive load: start rendering while still loading
- No external graphics adapter required any more to achieve fast display.
Kisters 3DViewStation live on stage
It was RapidFire demo again during Aras ACE 2016 in Detroit. 5 Minutes pure live demo, no slides. Kisters was showing even large models like aircrafts on Desktop and Smartphone using 3DViewStation WebViewer – all just in seconds. Having full functionality in WebViewer like in Desktop version.