NX & JT Viewer
NX & JT Visualization
Modern, Advanced, User friendly
Get your job done, more efficient
Are you looking for a NX viewer or JT viewer, which is modern and easy to use? Then Kisters 3DViewStation will excite you as your CAD viewer. Not only for experts, but also for occasional users. But 3DViewStation is much, more than just a JT viewer or NX viewer:
- A 3D CAD viewer offering 180+ features & functions for more than just viewing. As you also can perform measurements, sections and comparisons, volume calculation, change of color and transparency.
- A NX and JT viewer that also offers more advanced Digital Mockup (DMU) functions. Like clash, split, draft angle, wall thickness, band analysis.
- Use 3DViewerStation for than just a CAD viewer i.e. as authoring tool. Create views in order to prepare a review meeting. Or create exploded views incl. balloons for technical documentation, after sales or spare part applications.
- JT viewer and NX viewer which supports PMIs, and which allows to export own markups as PMIs in JT and STEP
- Create your own Mockups by loading and importing CAD data from various sources - not only NX or JT - into the same scene. This is a true Multi 3D CAD viewer, true MultiCAD visualization!
- Do you also have 2D data? No problem, we also offer support for 2D drawings, PDF, Office and image file formats
3DViewStation is a fast JT viewer or NX viewer:
- Load a 20.000 parts machine assembly in a few seconds, as native NX. As 3DViewStation is an extremly fast NX and JT Viewer
- Load a car body in white in 1 second, as JT. Or a complex aircraft turbine in a few seconds as JT product or 1 second as 3DVS file. Because 3DViewStation is a very fast JT visualization tool.
- Load a dynamically configured truck, consisting of 80.000 parts. Or a complete plant consisting of several million parts: in just a few seconds. Which is world class 3D CAD visualization!
Use 3DViewStation anywhere:
- 3DViewStation can be used as NX and JT viewer on Desktop PCs, Office Notebooks, Tablet-PCs, SmartPhones and in VR environments
- 3DViewStation can be used as JT and NX viewer not only stand alone, but also integrated with Siemens TeamCenter or ActiveWorkspace
- Load complex assemblies like a complete machine or plant in seconds. Then determine the objects of your interesst and start your NX editing session from here ("visual load to CAD")
- Share your CAD data for review rather than sending sensitive or large files.
Background information on JT
JT was defined many years ago as "Jupiter Tessellation" with the aim of obtaining a format for 3D model data that can be visualized quickly. EAI (Engineering Animation Inc. was one of the first companies to use this data format as a lightweight 3D format in its applications. EAI was taken over by UGS (Unigraphics), the manufacturer of the CAD system of the same name, and was thus widely used. UGS tried to establish and commercialize JT via the JTOpen Toolkit. During this time, more and more companies, including Siemens, became interested in this data format and urged management to disclose the JT data format. UGS was finally taken over by Siemens PLM. JT was retained , Siemens renamed the CAD system to NX.
JT has been expanded again and again. Originally it was only about tessellation, triangulation, i.e. triangles that generate a 3D impression and that can easily be processed by a graphics card. Gradually, more and more content such as BREP, the exact CAD description, product structure information, views, manufacturing information (so-called PMIs: surface quality, dimensions, 3D annotations, tolerances ...) etc. were added.
JT can be a single file for an assembly (monolithic) or a set of files, namely typically an assembly file plus all individual parts as a referenced file - as the CAD systems often organize (fully shattered). In the meantime there are not only pure JT files, but also PLMXLM or STEP assembly files that reference JTs.
Siemens has also tried to place the JT with BREP as a competitor to STEP for the BREP data exchange and the long-term archiving of 3D data. But this failed. On the one hand, because the JT BREP is now Parasolid - a proprietary data format, which is a no-go for long-term archiving. There, only disclosed ISO formats are used. On the other hand, because STEP BREP was established for this purpose for a long time and with considerable effort.
Why not use JT2Go from Siemens PLM?
Siemens Digital has been offering its own viewers for JT Data for a long time. JT is now an ISO standard, but Siemens continues to sell the commercial JT Open Toolkit. The pressure of many customers led to the provision of the JT2Go Viewer, a free software that can view not only a JT file but also other CAD files such as DXF and image formats. JT2Go only runs on Windows and is not a web version. The range of functions is sufficient for some customers, but for many it is too limited. The ease of use and the lack of intuitiveness are also often criticized.
The 3DViewStation is a full-fledged DMU tool, on the same level as VisMockup
Customers keep comparing the functionalities and their implementation in the 3DViewStation and other products. Many have confirmed to us that the 3DViewStation can functionally keep up with significantly more expensive digital mockup applications such as VisView Professional or VisMockup. With the 3DViewStation, the training effort is significantly lower, as the operation is much more intuitive and the help system rarely needs to be consulted. We rarely have to train customers and there have been projects where key users were able to do their job with our 3DViewStation and their own data after just two hours of product demonstration. In addition, the consistency from Desktop to WebViewer and VR version is so good that the customer can choose from comparable products depending on the situation.
Download 3DViewStation now!
Lose no time! Download your 3DViewStation desktop version or VR edition now or test our WebViewer online. Talk to us and let us discuss your requirements. Since the 3DViewStastion was developed from the start on the basis of customer requirements, your feedback is important to us.
Over 25 years of experience in the viewer market
Many years ago we started as a reseller of technical 2D viewers for the manufacturing industry. At that time the important data formats were TIFF, CALS and JPEG. That was the time of the switch from paper drawings to electronic documents. With the Spicer Imagenation, Kisters has marketed the most successful and legendary commercial product. Where other systems at TIFF-G4 still use hardware for decompression, Imagenation as a pure software solution was unmatched fast.
The first 2D CAD formats were soon added, with DWG, DXF, DWF and PDF. Then the time of the 3D CAD systems began. Today Catia, Siemens NX (formerly UG) and Creo (formerly Pro / Engineer) dominate the high-end area, but SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Inventor and Co are probably even more widespread. During this time, Kisters sold specialized, pure 3D viewers, which were generally quite limited in terms of 2D support. After all the manufacturers were gradually bought up, the new owners became less and less able to meet market requirements. That is why we started in-house development over 10 years ago and since then we have been developing very closely to your needs, the customer requirements. The decision to develop the graphics core itself also quickly turned out to be completely correct. Otherwise we would never have become so flexible and fast. Since then, the 3DViewStation has conquered ever larger parts of the market and is not only seen as a leader by many customers.